Friday, March 12

Motion Graphics

“Motion Graphics” a word describing graphical design that has been edited and manipulated to produce moving pictures.
My own definition of motion graphics though some designers feel this term is outdated and should be replaced with the term “Motion Design”.

An example of motion graphics I have found on YouTube entitled “Red Summer Sun” could easily be done in a programme like Adobe After effects and other programmes like it.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8bxVG0IxCA

Simple brushstrokes and shapes make this video entertaining and fun to watch. If words were incorporated it would make a fair music video. Now this is a simple idea opposed to the one below done by Microsoft for a major Xbox 360 update entitled “the 360 experience”.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8dBGkswfU

Unlike the red summer sun video, this one has been done with a large budget and for a commercial use. I adored these motion graphics as soon as I saw them on my Xbox, The ideas, concepts and design behind this piece were well organised and thought out. Inspirational comes to mind when I think of this video. I believe the creators of these motion graphics probably used a multitude of different programmes, more than likely uniquely made by these designers.

These are two examples of motion graphics I think depict the difference between something you could make at home with a little practice and something made in a professional environment to be viewed commercially.

1 comment:

Knock-of-Nigel said...

think it's cool that the xbox one, shows all the different games it has, through the iconic music and some of the features throughout lol